The global cannabis and hemp tidal wave continue. This session digs into the fascinating world of the cross-border marijuana trade and the creation of global cannabis and CBD brands. The trend for major investments in the cannabis and CBD space by the soft drink, alcohol, pharmaceutical, dietary supplement, and tobacco industries is accelerating. Companies and brands are jockeying for position, and the question is no longer will there be legalization at the federal level, or which states will legalize next, but where will the U.S. fit into the global marketplace?
With the 2018 Farm Bill and pending federal legalization, companies should start pivoting to an international strategy. This panel of experts from cannabis brands with international operations and members of the Legalign Global Cannabis Law team will discuss the primary legal, regulatory, and practical challenges for operating across borders in North America, Europe, Latin America, and beyond. They will also discuss best practices to embrace ahead of inevitable federal cannabis legalization.
1. Understand the current international cannabis, CBD, and hemp markets.
2. Appreciate potential loosening of international regulations.
3. Identify primary regulatory challenges for cross-border cannabis activity in several countries.
4. Discuss claim risks in the context of cross-border cannabis related commercial activity.
5. Discussion of best practices to embrace ahead of inevitable federal cannabis legalization in the U.S.