As states and localities continue to legalize cannabis for recreational use, accessibility to venues where cannabis users can legally consume has lagged. This panel will discuss why that may be, including an exploration of the inherent risks of operating an onsite consumption business. It will further discuss the ways in which these risks can be mitigated through conscientious business practices, effective insurance coverage, and scientific advances.
- Detail current status of nationwide ability to consume cannabis in commercial locations
- Explore different types of public consumption businesses (i.e., at dispensaries, cannabis consumption clubs, hotels, restaurants, etc.)
- Flesh out why a number of states and localities that have legalized recreational cannabis have nonetheless been reticent to allow public consumption areas
- Identify operational risks inherent in providing access to onsite consumption areas and how these risks can be mitigated through insurance, scientific advances, and otherwise.
- Develop a set of best practices for those engaged in onsite consumption businesses